Here are details from a press release by Commute Options about a job opening in their Safe Routes to School program.
The SRTS Education Assistant reports to the SRTS Lead Instructor, acts as lead instructor in their absence and reports to job sites including schools and special events to help deliver SRTS instruction to students K8.
The primary duties of the SRTS Education Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing equipment and materials PRIOR to delivery of daily safety instruction
during project periods
- Delivering prescribed safety lessons to students
- Delivering prescribed safety lessons to adults
- Reporting and Debriefing
- Access to a bicycle in safe and working condition
- Reliable means of transportation (including bicycle)
- Ability to dedicate about 20-30hrs/wk