Volunteers keep the wheels spinning here at Bend Bikes and our advocacy efforts and community events depend on volunteer support to succeed!
Bend Bikes has volunteer opportunities for our community events and outreach efforts throughout the year, as well as volunteer needs for special projects and daily operations. There's lots of upcoming changes to our volunteer program for 2019, so make sure to keep an eye out for new opportunities.
Green Homes Bike Tour - Sweep Rider (Saturday 9/28!)
The 2019 Energy Challenge Green Homes Tour highlights real-world solutions that reduce energy use and increase solar production in residential and commercial buildings right here in Central Oregon. Everyday heroes across our community will open their doors so that we can learn and benefit from their journeys and experiences. Now, more than ever, it’s important for all of us to make a change under our own roofs (or on them)—no matter how big or small. The Green Tour will inspire you to find new ways to save energy and go solar, at home and at work.
Bend Bikes is leading a bike tour of the Green Homes this year and is need of a sweep rider to support the ride and ensure rider safety. The ride is approximately 8 miles and will be a leisurely pace.
The ride will meet at 1909 NW Monterey Mews on Saturday 9/28 @ 2pm and will conclude at 338 NW Roanoke Ave.
Come join a great tour and support our bike community!
Marketing Team Volunteer
The Bend Bikes Marketing team is in need of 2-3 volunteers to assist with marketing for our community cycling events and advocacy efforts. As a member of the Marketing Team, these positions will collaborate with other volunteers and work with the board of directors to execute a range of marketing needs.
Ideal volunteers will be able to independently carry out a number of these tasks and have some of the following skills:
- Develop event specific marketing plans
- Manage the execution of an event marketing plan
- Pen a press release
- Develop media campaigns for social media via publishing tools: facebook, twitter, instagram
- Craft eNewsletters via MailChimp
- Publish on the WordPress platform
- Photography and photo editing
- Author original content for our blog
- Design/layout expertise for collateral and posters is a huge bonus!
- Attend monthly meetings (in person or online) with Marketing Team members to discuss tasks and priorities
- Estimated 2-5 hours per week, with some variation depending on event schedule
- Minimum 8-month commitment
Interested? Email volunteer [at] bendbikes.org and we’ll be in touch!
Join the Board of Directors!
Become a member of the Bend Bikes Board of Directors!
- Bend Bikes is looking to fill openings on its 10-member board. We are a bicycle advocacy organization that also holds cycling events every year to build community and introduce people to the fun of riding bikes safely.
- The full Board meets quarterly, but we are a "working board" and board members typically work on 1-3 teams focused on organizational operations such as marketing, advocacy, events, etc. We are searching for board members of all ages and backgrounds who aren't afraid of putting in the time/effort needed to get more people on bicycles in Bend. Individuals with specialized skills in fundraising, marketing and Salesforce are highly encouraged to apply!
- Bend Bikes is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, and is the only organization dedicated to promoting the use of bikes as transportation in Bend.
- Interested? Please complete the form and we'll be in touch!
Opportunities are posted on this page and on Volunteer Connect.
Other questions? Please email volunteer @ bendbikes (dot) org Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bend Bikes, and we look forward to hearing from you!