Volunteers keep the wheels spinning here at Bend Bikes and our advocacy efforts and community events depend on volunteer support to succeed!
Bend Bikes has volunteer opportunities for our community events and outreach efforts throughout the year, as well as volunteer needs for special projects and daily operations. There's lots of upcoming changes to our volunteer program for 2019, so make sure to keep an eye out for new opportunities.
Bike the Bridges - Lead, Float and Sweep Riders NEEDED!
Sunday August 18th @ 3:30pm
Help Bend Bikes lead a family friendly ride along the Deschutes River. The ride departs from Gear Fix at 4pm and after cruising across a number of bridges we will return to the Box Factory for free pizza and beer.
The support riders are responsible for ensuring rider safety and proper riding etiquette. Support riders will lead, sweep and move around the group and provide support as needed.
There are three rides lengths: 3 bridges (3 miles), 7.5 miles (7 bridges) and 9 bridges (12 miles), and we are looking for a lead, float and sweep rider for each ride length.
Please specify which ride you would like to support in your response, and your preferred role (lead, sweep or float).
3:30pm arrival to assist with rider check in as needed. The trail may include a mix of soft gravel and pavement. See you there. thanks!
Email volunteer [at] bendbikes.org
Marketing Team Volunteer
The Bend Bikes Marketing team is in need of 2-3 volunteers to assist with marketing for our community cycling events and advocacy efforts. As a member of the Marketing Team, these positions will collaborate with other volunteers and work with the board of directors to execute a range of marketing needs.
Ideal volunteers will be able to independently carry out a number of these tasks and have some of the following skills:
- Develop event specific marketing plans
- Manage the execution of an event marketing plan
- Pen a press release
- Develop media campaigns for social media via publishing tools: facebook, twitter, instagram
- Craft eNewsletters via MailChimp
- Publish on the WordPress platform
- Photography and photo editing
- Author original content for our blog
- Design/layout expertise for collateral and posters is a huge bonus!
- Attend monthly meetings (in person or online) with Marketing Team members to discuss tasks and priorities
- Estimated 2-5 hours per week, with some variation depending on event schedule
- Minimum 8-month commitment
Interested? Email volunteer [at] bendbikes.org and we’ll be in touch!
Join the Board of Directors!
Become a member of the Bend Bikes Board of Directors!
- Bend Bikes is looking to fill openings on its 10-member board. We are a bicycle advocacy organization that also holds cycling events every year to build community and introduce people to the fun of riding bikes safely.
- The full Board meets quarterly, but we are a "working board" and board members typically work on 1-3 teams focused on organizational operations such as marketing, advocacy, events, etc. We are searching for board members of all ages and backgrounds who aren't afraid of putting in the time/effort needed to get more people on bicycles in Bend. Individuals with specialized skills in fundraising, marketing and Salesforce are highly encouraged to apply!
- Bend Bikes is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, and is the only organization dedicated to promoting the use of bikes as transportation in Bend.
- Interested? Please complete the form and we'll be in touch!
Opportunities are posted on this page and on Volunteer Connect.
Other questions? Please email volunteer @ bendbikes (dot) org Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bend Bikes, and we look forward to hearing from you!