Volunteers keep the wheels spinning here at Bend Bikes and our advocacy efforts and community events depend on volunteer support to succeed!
Bend Bikes has volunteer opportunities for our community events and outreach efforts throughout the year, as well as volunteer needs for special projects and daily operations. There's lots of upcoming changes to our volunteer program for 2019, so make sure to keep an eye out for new opportunities.
June 1st @ 9:30am - Cascade Cycling Classic Family Ride - Lead, Float and Sweep Riders Needed!
- Before the Sul Fiume Cycling Fest kicks off, help Bend BIkes lead a family friendly ride along the Haul Road Trail to Loge Entrada (6.4 miles RT). The ride departs from the Bend Park and Rec Pavilion at 10am and will reach Loge Entrada in time to greet the racers coming back from the Good Dog Time Trial. We'll return in time to kick off the Cycling Fest activities.
- The trail includes a mix of soft gravel and pavement, skinny tires not recommended.
- Rider volunteers are responsible for ensuring rider safety and proper riding etiquette. This ride is intended to be a leisurely pace for all ages and abilities. Volunteers will ensure an appropriate group pace, and that no riders are left behind.
- 9:30am arrival to assist with rider check in as needed.
- email volunteer@ bendbikes (dot) org or register using the Volunteer Connect links in the right sidebar. Thanks!
June 1st @ 12:30pm; 4:30pm - Bend Bikes Outreach @ Sul Fiume Cycling Festival
- Help celebrate the Bend cycling community at the Cascade Cycling Classic’s Sul Fiume Cycling Fest. After the Bend Bikes family ride join us at our booth to help sign up new members and volunteers and engage with the community on transportation issues and the needs of cyclists in Bend. We are in need of volunteers at our booth for set up shift (12:30pm-4:30pm) and take down shift (4:30pm-8:30pm). Volunteers will be supported by a Bend Bikes board member.
- Free membership to volunteers if you are not already a Bend Bikes member. Thanks!
Join the Board of Directors!
Do you love to ride your bike? Do you wish there were more opportunities to do so safely in Bend?
Become a member of the Bend Bikes Board of Directors!
- Bend Bikes is looking to fill openings on its 10-member board. We are a bicycle advocacy organization that also holds cycling events every year to build community and introduce people to the fun of riding bikes safely.
- The full Board meets quarterly, but we are a "working board" and board members typically work on 1-3 teams focused on organizational operations such as marketing, advocacy, events, etc. We are searching for board members of all ages and backgrounds who aren't afraid of putting in the time/effort needed to get more people on bicycles in Bend. Individuals with specialized skills in fundraising, marketing and Salesforce are highly encouraged to apply!
- Bend Bikes is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, and is the only organization dedicated to promoting the use of bikes as transportation in Bend.
- Interested? Please complete the form and we'll be in touch!
New Opportunity! Marketing Team Volunteer
The Bend Bikes Marketing team is in need of 2-3 volunteers to assist with marketing for our community cycling events and advocacy efforts. As a member of the Marketing Team, these positions will collaborate with other volunteers and work with the board of directors to execute a range of marketing needs.
Ideal volunteers will be able to independently carry out a number of these tasks and have some of the following skills:
- Develop event specific marketing plans
- Manage the execution of an event marketing plan
- Pen a press release
- Develop media campaigns for social media via publishing tools: facebook, twitter, instagram
- Craft eNewsletters via MailChimp
- Publish on the WordPress platform
- Photography and photo editing
- Author original content for our blog
- Design/layout expertise for collateral and posters is a huge bonus!
- Attend monthly meetings (in person or online) with Marketing Team members to discuss tasks and priorities
- Estimated 2-5 hours per week, with some variation depending on event schedule
- Minimum 8-month commitment
Interested? Email volunteer at bendbikes.org and we’ll be in touch!
Opportunities are posted on this page and on Volunteer Connect.
Other questions? Please email volunteer @ bendbikes (dot) org Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bend Bikes, and we look forward to hearing from you!